Here’s where I talk about what looks good to eat at Animal Kingdom. I’m looking forward to AK, especially since Pandora opened and a lot of the options there just look awesome. Our breakfast reservations are here as well so I will talk a bit about that towards the end. Here are some options for lunch and/or dinner:
- Drinkwallah – not a lot of offerings but the Cinnamon-Glazed nuts look like a wonderful snack 🙂
- Eight Spoon Café – oh my goodness – three different kinds of baked mac & cheese! I can’t decide if I would want it with pulled pork or shrimp. Dom would be more likely to share it with pulled pork but the shrimp one sounds so interesting…it will have to be a game-time decision.
- Flame Tree Barbecue – two words: jalapeno cornbread. These dishes just look so yummy! I can’t get enough of the BBQ but that Watermelon Salad looks so refreshing and delicious as well! The salad doesn’t come with the cornbread though. That may be a deal breaker.
- Harambe Fruit Market – the perfect stop for a small snack! They have lots of good items to get us refueled and ready to go. I may be mistaken, but I believe this is where they used to sell the jalapeno cheddar pretzel as well.
- Harambe Market – the market has a bunch of great options. I would love to try a few – all look new and exciting and I love trying new and different foods. This is a great stop since going away is all about trying new things.
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery – At first look I saw “coffee shop” and thought “nah”. Then I looked again and saw the amazing looking selections of the bakery. Aside from the breakfast foods of pastries and the like, those paninis sure caught my eye! I love a good panini and they all look perfect
- Mahindi – popcorn and nuts – more great snack options!
- Nomad Lounge – enjoy a drink and some freaking awesome appetizers! This would be the perfect place to get out of the heat and enjoy a bite.
- Pizzafari – by now you know that I’m not one to go for the pizza options as much since I can get amazing pizza at home (plus I make my own) BUT the Shrimp Flatbread might be an exception to this. I’ve never even heard of anything like it before! It sounds so good.
- Pongu Pongu – I know this isn’t actually food, but I most definitely want to try the Night Blossom while in Pandora! It’s like a new right of passage, right?
- Restaurantosaurus – sounds like a pretty typical burger place but that name may just make me stop for some Chili-Cheese Fries 🙂
- Satu’li Canteen – this seems like the new place to try now that Pandora is open! I would love to try the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods, but if the wait is too long I would be okay going elsewhere. As much as I want to try the new food, I’m worried about crowds all over Pandora. Hopefully it will die down a bit by November but probably not so much.
- Terra Treats – I read the description and menu here and was like “ooo!” haha Reenie and Kristi can vouch that I won’t turn down buffalo wings 🙂 I also like hummus though!
- Trilo-Bites – buffalo chicken chips?! I’m all about grabbing them and a shake and going on my way! Sounds like the perfect snack to me.
- Yak & Yeti™ Local Food Cafes – I believe this is where Reenie and I ate at Animal Kingdom in 2015 and we did enjoy it. Looking at the menu now though, I’m not sure what I got is still there? Either way this would be a nice place to pick up a quick meal. Since we’ve already been here, however, I’d rather try new options.
Now for the desserts!
- Anandapur Ice Cream Truck – Ice cream! Not a huge selection, but they’ve got floats 🙂
- Dino-Bite Snacks – more ice cream! And churros.
- Tamu Tamu – Here is the other place you can get a Dole Whip (but with or without alcohol). Also, chocolate waffles.
- Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks – aside from drink options, these snacks are awesome. I added this as a dessert option instead of a regular snack option because Frozen Banana. I’m all about the frozen banana.
We have a 10:45 am reservation at Donald’s Dining Safari Breakfast at Tusker House on our last day in the parks this upcoming trip. As I said in an earlier post, I am really looking forward to dining with Donald since this will actually be my first time meeting him! This will be my first character meal since I was a child (I was 12) and I’m really looking forward to it! We initially decided on this so that we could book the Rivers of Light dining package but I actually getting excited about it even though I was hesitant at first. I especially love the safari theme since I’ll take any excuse to pull out mine and Dom’s safari-style hats from our honeymoon. But, we are talking about food and the buffet for this looks awesome! I always get nervous about breakfast buffets since I don’t eat eggs, but I see a Spiced Corn Beef Hash with Cornbread Topping that I would love, ham, biscuits, and croissants that all could be great options for me! I’m getting my safari gear ready (but that’s a post for another day) for this dining treat and can’t wait!
So there are plenty of options at the Animal Kingdom for great food! Since Reenie and I only spent a half day here in 2015 and opted for some out-of-park reservations at Jiko, I’m excited to explore the other options available to us in-park for eating.
Is there anything I missed? What food options to you recommend in Animal Kingdom? Let me know in the comments!