Hollywood Studios is definitely a work in progress lately but it still has it’s place in my heart! Our plan is to end our Four Park Challenge here and spend the evening and night in the park. Since we’ll probably eat a later lunch, I am not sure how big of a dinner we will be in the mood for but there are plenty of options to choose from. I’m looking through all our different options to choose from. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how many options there are since a lot of the park is under construction!
- ABC Commissary – This menu looks amazing! BBQ? Something about corn? Mediterranean Salad? If not this trip, I have to eat here in the future!
- Backlot Express – I have mixed feelings about the Backlot Express. Jenn and I ate there thinking it might have something to do with the Backlot Tour – one of our favorite rides that has been taken from us – and it does not. It is Star Wars themed. My guess is that if you were a Star Wars fan you may know this, but we did not. It was such a bummer. The food was fine but I stupidly picked a salad with avocado on it without realizing and ended up having to trade with Jenn for her Chicken Breast Nuggets since I can’t have avocado. So much for trying to eat healthy. But aside from that I guess if I had made a different option from the get-go I would have been happier. Note to self: Do Not Order the Galactic Chicken Salad. The burger looks awesome. Chicken and Waffles is a favorite of mine. Actually, the food looks good, I just made a dumb choice given my intolerance.
- Catalina Eddie’s – pizza and Caesar salad. Not much else to it so it probably won’t catch my eye in the park but they are two of my favorite things outside the parks.
- Fairfax Fare – This Latin American inspired food sounds delicious. It’s like each item I read gets better and better. I would definitely try this if we were looking for a meal.
- The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge – I could stop in here for a small plate possibly. If we are in the mood for grazing this food looks perfect.
- Hollywood Scoops – mmm ice cream! I can see grabbing a brownie sundae and heading to Fantasmic!
- KRNR The Rock Station – I’ve honestly probably walked past this “station” tons of times and never thought twice about the food there. BUT there is a Root Beer Float and I may rock that while we’re hanging around the Rockin’ Roller Coaster!
- Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner – This place looks pretty cool. I wouldn’t say no to a pulled pork sandwich and chocolate milkshake if we’re in the area 🙂
- Oasis Canteen – Seriously, though, they keep getting me with the root beer floats. I must be in the mood for one lately. Maybe I’ll get some root beer on my way home tonight…
- PizzeRizzo – Okay, so this is a must for me because of my past with this restaurant. Every trip to Disney I have ever taken, with the exception of last September since it was already closed, I have eaten at Pizza Planet. It was basically an unspoken tradition that started when we were kids. Since it’s closing and the opening of PizzeRizzo in it’s place, I am hoping this might fill that void. I’m not sure if it will, but with the subtle nods to the former occupant I’ll at least feel the atmosphere a little bit. Whether we stop in for a snack or decide to eat dinner here, I absolutely have to stop in. There’s a cannoli that could be calling my name. And what in the world is a Non-Alcoholic Peach Bellini? What is it made of? I’m so curious. Also, The Muppets.
- Rosie’s All-American Café – That Fried Green Tomato Sandwich looks delicious! I don’t think I’ve ever had anything like it before so that might be something I would like to try.
- Tune-In Lounge – This looks pretty cool! 50’s atmosphere and ability to order of the Prime Time Cafe menu while you enjoy a drink. I see a Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese that looks tempting if we were to hang out here for a bit.
If we’re looking for dinner, my top picks are ABC Commissary, Fairfax Fare, Dockside Diner, or Rosie’s. Then all the desserts 😀
All this food talk is making me hungry! What else should we try at Hollywood Studios? Any food suggestions that we just have to have? I know that a lot of this park is a work in progress so any help would be greatly appreciated! I’m looking forward to it!