Last week I posted that I will be going through the different rides and attractions for our trip in November. This week we’ll start at the very beginning…The Magic Kingdom.
During our trip in November, we will be visiting the Magic Kingdom on three different occasions – once for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, once for Dapper Day, and then quickly for our Four Parks in One Day challenge. During the Christmas Party we want to experience the most that we can that is party-exclusive which may limit what we do attraction-wise. On Dapper Day, there are specific attractions I definitely want to go on that either go with our theme or are easier to go on while dressed all fancy. During the Four Parks in One Day we will have limited time and specific attractions I want to visit.
Since this is the case, I’ve been looking closely at the attractions in Magic Kingdom and what is absolutely necessary and what maybe isn’t as important. I am mindful, however, that something I may not deem important may be important to Reenie or Dom and that would sway our decisions on whether to go or not.
For the Christmas Party, my plan is not to plan our rides since we will want to experience the parades and special events for the party and not have to go on all the rides. We will still do rides if we want, but it’s going to be a more laid back night.
On Dapper Day in Magic Kingdom I want to mainly focus on Fantasyland and then move to the other lands as well. Fantasyland has the best rides, in my opinion, for being all dressed up and that will provide the best photo ops.
From there we will go to Liberty Square and then Adventureland and Frontierland. We can take the railroad from Frontierland to Main Street and then head to Tomorrowland. I put together a path for us to take and starred the attractions I don’t want to miss. The bigger stars are “musts” for Dapper Day, the smaller stars are my “hopefullys”.
You’ll see that I left out Splash Mountain, the Jungle Cruise, and the Enchanted Tiki Room. This is because as much as I love Splash Mountain, I really don’t want to get my dapper outfit wet. The Jungle Cruise and Enchanted Tiki Room are on my list of musts for the 4 Parks day so if we don’t get to them on Dapper Day, we’ll definitely be doing them during the trip.
Here are my thoughts on Magic Kingdom rides and attractions:
- “it’s a small world” – this is a definite must for me. I absolutely love “it’s a small world”. It always makes me think of my grandma because she loves this ride and I don’t even care if that song gets stuck in my head all day, it’s adorable! I have added this to my list of potential FastPass+ reservations for Dapper Day since the line can get LONG.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – so I don’t think I’ve been on Dumbo since probably my first trip to Disney, if at all, and lately I’ve been thinking it would be really fun to go, especially all dressed up for Dapper Day. This is on my list of hopefuls.
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – I’ve heard this is adorable but I’ve never actually done it myself. It could be fun to do but I’m not going to go out of my way to go on this trip.
- Mad Tea Party – this one is a must because we are doing an Alice in Wonderland theme. I plan on making this our first stop of the day to get awesome pictures and just for all-around fun. Not sure how all the spinning will be, but if we’re not feeling up to it, it would at least make for a fun photo op.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – I went to PhilharMagic for the first time with Reenie two years ago and fell in love. I always passed it by and I don’t know why. It is adorable and fun and I would do it again if we’re passing by!
- Peter Pan’s Flight – MUST. It’s no secret Peter Pan is my favorite ever, so this ride always tops the charts in my book. I’ve added it to my potential FastPass+ list as well since this line is always long (unless you run right to it at park opening, then it’s a more manageable line)
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – I absolutely love carousels. I haven’t been on this carousel the past few times I was at Disney but for Dapper Day it doesn’t make sense not to. This is absolutely on my list.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – another great one! Reenie and I first rode this in 2015 and loved it. I love the line for it also. This is a hopeful but I get the feeling it might be on either Dom or Reenie’s FastPass+ list.
- The Barnstormer – I’m not sure I’ve ever been on this and I don’t know much about it except that it reminds me a little of Goofy’s Sky School at Disneyland and I didn’t really enjoy that too much. I know it’s a different ride, but I won’t be sad if we miss this one.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – So I don’t remember the last time I rode this but it always has a long line and I always feel like people say it isn’t worth the wait. If the line is short, maybe we’ll stop since I love Winnie the Pooh, but if not…well, I’ve heard it’s not worth it.
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid – This is a good ride that usually goes pretty quickly because of the constantly moving shells. I’d say yes if we’re over that way. It could be fun but not a definite on my list.
- Haunted Mansion – 100% must ride. I love the Haunted Mansion and I know Reenie does too and probably Dom. This one is a ride that everyone should ride. I remember being a little frightened when I was little and then being told that my great-grandmother rode it so it wasn’t that bad. I’m still not sure why that made it not bad but to my little self, it made sense. This is on my possible FastPass+ list.
- Liberty Square Riverboat – normally I might pass this by but I think it would be beautiful for Dapper Day so if it’s open (it’s closed now but will probably be open in November) this would be a great ride to enjoy.
- The Hall of Presidents – there is no guarantee that this will be open by November, I’m starting to think it may not open by the end of this presidential term, but if it is, I would go. It’s a great place to cool off and sometimes I learn things. Jenn and I went last year and before the show started they were doing some presidential trivia 🙂
- Jungle Cruise – the jungle cruise is definitely a favorite and we will definitely be taking it during our trip. I know it’s one of Reenie’s favorite and I have come to add it as a favorite as well in the past two years. My plan was to add this to our 4 parks in one day schedule but if we have time during Dapper Day we could do it then as well. I’m open to taking the cruise more than once!
- Pirates of the Caribbean – yes, yes, and even more yes! Funnily enough, this ride terrified me as a child but now it is one of my absolute favorites. I have great memories of riding with my entire cheer squad, Reenie and I riding in our pirate costumes at MNSSHP, and I’ve heard rumor that they’ve added a photo op to this ride. Is that true? I wish it were a photo ride two years ago but if it is now, that’s also great! We will definitely be stopping here.
- Swiss Family Treehouse – the tree house is one of my all-time favorites. It was closed last time I was in the park and I was so disappointed. I really hope it’s open this time because I always imagined how cool it would be to live in that tree house, especially after reading Swiss Family Robinson. It’s so cool!
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – this sounds very similar to Dumbo and I know I never rode this one before. Not sure if I will this trip either, it doesn’t really pull me in as much as the others do.
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room – I’m ashamed to admit it, but I don’t think I’ve ever been here unless it was the very first year I was in the park and I don’t remember. I am most looking forward to it and enjoying a Dole Whip as well. I’ve added this to our 4 park day because it deserves a spot of its own and I just cannot wait. I’ve never had a Dole Whip either and I feel like a total fake Disney fan saying it. I most definitely need to try one this trip. It can’t go on any longer.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – this is a great ride and worth enjoying as we go through Frontierland. I will say I wouldn’t be overly disappointed to miss it, however, since it’s not my most favorite of the mountains.
- Country Bear Jamboree – this I haven’t done since I was a kid but I love it so much! It is one of those attractions that sticks in your mind forever and I really want to go on it this trip. I realize I didn’t put a star on it but I meant to. This needs to happen.
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade – I’ve never done this one, probably because it’s an additional cost when you’re inside the park. Who knows? Maybe Dom will want to shoot things but I’ll probably be fine without it.
- Splash Mountain – this is one of my favorite rides in the whole park and it kills me to take it off of my Dapper Day list but I just don’t know if I’ll be happy in wet dapper attire. Of course, if it’s super hot out I may change my mind about that. I may still add it to the 4 parks day if I get too upset about not doing it.
- Tom Sawyer Island – I love running around Tom Sawyer Island and I think it would be fun to do on Dapper Day for pictures and things.
- Walt Disney World Railroad – the railroad runs from Main Street, to Fantasyland, to Frontierland, and back to Main Street. Since you can get on or off at any of the stops, I added this to Frontierland because that is where I anticipate getting on it. We will definitely need to ride the railroad (1) because Dom loves trains and (2) for the great dapper photo ops. This is a must on my list.
- Astro Orbiter – I’ve never done this ride so I’d be open to it but it’s not one of those that is a necessity. We’ll see if we have time for it.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – so Reenie and I did this one back in 2015 but it wasn’t memorable enough for me to actually remember. I would say maybe to this one though because this is probably one that Dom would like. It could be fun but he’d probably beat me.
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – I’ve never done this but it looks like fun. I enjoy comedy and love Monsters, Inc so it is something I would be interested in if we have the time and the line is not too long.
- Space Mountain – another favorite, this is always fun. This is on my list of hopefuls but we’ll probably do it. It’s always fun to ride this coaster in the dark and Jenn and I had a blast last time we were on it. It’s usually quite a long line, but at least the line is inside.
- Stitch’s Great Escape! – not really interested in this one but if someone else wants to go it would be okay. It doesn’t get rave reviews and doesn’t seem like it would be worth it to me.
- Tomorrowland Speedway – Dom may want to do the speedway, I probably wouldn’t recommend it but he likes cars so this might be a stop. I haven’t done this one since I was little.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – this is on my list for sure. It’s gained a lot of popularity lately I feel like but I love just sitting back and relaxing as we view Tomorrowland.
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – I don’t remember the last time I’ve done the Carousel of Progress so that makes me want to do it this trip. Hopefully the line isn’t bad and we will get to it!
Well, that’s basically it for Magic Kingdom. As you can see, I’ve got my days pretty mapped out. I’m really looking forward to this trip and hopefully we can do everything we want to. We’ll possibly be able to do some things before or during the party so I’m not super worried about the maybes on my list.
What isn’t on my “must do” list that should be? What are your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions? What is not worth the time to do?
Thanks for visiting! ºoº Juli ºöº